I’ve been away because a couple of things have happened: the wife got pregnant and as a result, I’m leaving Melbourne Australia (been busy packing) and I’ve taken up a post at Revolution Press (in Singapore so that the wife can get family support she needs) to revamp The Rake and Revolution Online. Nevertheless, I’ve taken some time away from planning my international move because I got distracted by some pretty stunning designer sunglasses.
Rolling out just in time for spring summer 2012, these wood sunglasses are the perfect balm to the gap left behind by hipster wayfarer Ray-bans. The biggest thief of attention? The Shwood Ashland.
Shwood Ashland East Indian Wood Sunglasses
Born with an eye for simple utility; the use of textured rosewood and zebrawood have placed a twist on usual aesthetics aviator-inspired sunglasses- polarised lenses combine modern technology with traditional earth toned shades to give you a look that’s more Ryan Gosling than Kanye West.
Shwood Govy Zebrawood
While a little more angular (and thus less classic) than I would like, the contemporary styling of Shwood Govy cuts the wearer a distinct bold look. If you happen to be blessed with Neal Caffrey cheekbones or a strong jawline, the boxy design provides nice contrast and adds symmetry with those facial features. It’s a masculine look but still decent shades for your better half if she so decides to mooch them off your dashboard. [Shop Shwood]
- WOOD SUNGLASSES SHIP IN 1-2 WEEKS
- Handcrafted in our Portland, Oregon woodshop
- Available in East Indian Rosewood and Zebrawood
- Three-ply frame and two-ply temple construction
- Sustainable wood, sourced from authorized and supervised plantations in different African countries.
- Optical quality Carl Zeiss or polarized lenses offer 100% UVA/UVB protection (more info)
- Wooden frame measurements: 53-18-135
- Stainless steel spring hinges
- Accompanied by wool storage pouch with leather drawstring and engraved label
- MSRP starting at $145.00 (International customs fees may apply)